The mission of the Franklin Lakes Education Association (FLEA) is
- to work for the welfare of students, the advancement of education, and the improvement of educational opportunities for all
- to unify all employees eligible for membership so as to enable members to speak with a common voice on all matters of mutual concern and to represent individual and common interests of members before the Board of Education and other legal authorities
- to promote the general welfare of members, to advance educational standards, and to establish and maintain good community relations
- to represent its members including teachers, certificated school nurses, child study team members, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, paraeducators used in special education and general education classrooms, and non-confidential secretarial staff, in negotiations and grievances with the School District on all matters of compensation and all other terms and conditions of employment
- to develop and promote continuing programs to secure and maintain better employment benefits, uniform personnel practices, professional preparation standards, improvements in terms and conditions of employment, and sound retirement systems.